Things To Do
The pool area and its delightful surroundings, have been designed with your comfort in mind, and so that carers can watch their little ones play safely in the toddler’s pool, while the bigger people can use the large pool.
We also have available wireless broadband internet, fire drums for hire (conditional), Laundry facilities, A drying room for ski gear, swap-n-go gas refills and pets are allowed at the manager’s discretion.
Great fishing is to be had in the Ovens river 100 metres away where you can find many spots to muse or meditate in seclusion, or head out bushwalking or in your 4wd through the mountains and valleys of the Alpine National Park which surrounds our park.
If you’re the more adventurous type, there are also numerous cycling events to participate in.
In the Area
Regional and surrounding areas including Euroa, Glenrowan, Milawa, Wangaratta, Beechworth, Myrtleford, Porepunkah all have lots to offer the visitor or tourist.
There is so much to see and do around Bright from day trips to historic Beechworth to paragliding over the spectacular valleys.
The Great Alpine area offers a variety of activities including:- microlight and scenic flights, ripple rafting, horse riding, winery tours, golf courses, bushwalking, giant water slide, adventure playground, tennis, mountain biking, Nordic or downhill skiing & boarding, gold panning, maze & mini golf, The big shed Café, Trout fishing, ride the rail trail, visit the Deer farm, rose, berry, nut or lavender farm or some rejuvenation at Avalon house. Bright has an excellent range of restaurants, cafes, coffee shops and wine bars.
Bright Spring & Autumn festivals, the Bright Rod Run, Terra Australis Mountain bike Race, Mt Beauty Music Festival, and Weekend Markets ensure something is always happening in Bright.
Did you know that Bright now has a Parkrun?
Yes you heard right for those of you that enjoy your Saturday morning ritual of joinin in your local parkrun you can now join us on ours. With a beautiful flat track that is very family friendly come and enjoy the picturess location. Check out the link www.parkrun.com.au/bright
Bright and surrounding area has various sporting events happening thought out the year:
- Buffalo Stampede 12, 13 & 14 March 2019. The home of Australias first skyrun – www.buffalostampede.com.au
- 4 Peaks challenge Held over the Melbourne cup weekned – www.4peaks.com.au/about
- Bright Fun run. Last weekend in April each year – http://www.brightfunrun.com.au
- Mt Beauty Fun run May 2019 – www.mtbeauty.com/sports/mt-beauty-half-marathon
- Dinner plain Mile High Trail run 18th November – www.visitdinnerplain.com.au/listing/mile-high-trail-run-dinner-plain/
- Bright also hosts an array of Mountain bike and road bike challenges 3 times up falls creek 4th November – www.fallscreek.com.au/listing/3-times-up-falls-creek-falls-creek/
- Tour of Bright 30th November to 2nd December 2018 – www.tourofbright.com.au
- Peaks challenge 10th March 2019 – www.bicyclenetwork.com.au/rides-and-events/peaks-challenge
- Auda Alpine Classic Australia Day long weekend yearly – www.alpineclassic.com.au
Or if you just want a relaxing time away check out our “On Now” guide…….. www.visitbright.com.au/event-search